The advancement of technology is changing traditional business methods. Whether it is a business model, working device or payment methods, technology is always there to smoothen the process and support the whole working culture by its productivity, rapidity and effective output generation. QR codes are one of the tools from the wide-spread family of technology. It is the new face of payment methods. QR codes are slowly but steadily replacing the cash transactions.
QR codes are two-dimensional barcodes which contain all necessary information of the associated product in machine-readable format. It includes the data in standard encoding format which consists of a numeric, alphabetical and binary symbol to store data. A black and white image (nowadays it is ornamenting itself with multiple colour combination) that could read and the information embedded in it processed through an imaging device like your Smartphone’s camera and redirect you to the website or payment gateway, or whatever is associated with it.
As smartphones are getting more space in our lives and we want every convenient way which could be accessed through our phones; QR codes are also getting the same space in our lives and smartphones.
Features of Quick Response codes
The following quality of QR codes helps it to establish in the area apart from the automobile sector where it stars its journey.
• Fast readability
• Excellent storage capacity in comparison to regular UPC barcode
• Product tracking system
• Item recognition feature
• Time monitoring ability
• Data management system
• Common marketing tools
• Reed-Solomon error algorithm to process the data resides under it.
Use of QR codes
• It is very efficient in AR. It is very frequently used to detect the exact location of any device in three-dimensional space that is called augmented reality.
• Used in URL forwarding. Smartphone operating system contains QR codes to send the metadata of an application to the holding device.
• It is used in storing the virtual information of any item in most of the retail store of the world.
• QR codes also work as the payment method during your transaction as it can contain the account and payment details of your banking system.
• Log in of various websites and URL. A registered user of any specific site or webpage can scan the QR code and enters directly into the home page or any other directed page without participating in the formal log in process.
• It can also use in Wi-Fi connectivity and ensures the safety of use Wi-Fi from unlawful means.
• It is commonplace in the generation of top secret codes in real time.
• It facilitates the encryption and decryption of some apps also.
• Online/offline gaming software also using QR codes to store the game plane and storyline of the game.
How does it work?
Generally, QR codes contain five essential elements.
1. Version informatics
2. Format informatics
3. Data and error Management tool
4. The pattern is of three types (i.e. Alignment pattern, position pattern and timing pattern)
5. Quiet zone
Vision and Format section holds all critical data that a scanning device wants to know during the scanning of a QR code. The data in vision and format segments are not complete, and in some fragmented form also, data and error correction tool is the integrator of all fragmented data with remaining one which is held by itself and shape it in a full format. Quiet Zone separates the different printed information. It works like a border which keeps all information isolated. So, QR codes offer not only an exciting shopping experience but also feature an instantly accessible and user-handy atmosphere.
Jessica Davis is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, She has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.