To get a perfect experience of MS Office apps and services, users need to sign up and create a Microsoft account. By signing up for an MS my account, they can download their Office setup, redeem their subscriptions, and so much more. After all, everybody wants convenience, and MS account is a single space for management of all MS products and services. Whether you are a gamer and need to check your Xbox score, or you want to get an Office 365 subscription or sign into Skype to video chat with your peers, you will need a Microsoft account.
What is Microsoft My Account?
Now, almost everybody who owns gadgets and is digitally aware has at some point in their life used Microsoft’s products. From Windows to Xbox, Microsoft delivers an array of products. As a matter of fact, its operating system Windows, and productivity suite Office have been leading the industry for years. With Microsoft My Account, users can access their services and products from just one place. How convenient! After signing up at office.com/myaccount, they can store stuff on Microsoft OneDrive, share and sync notes over OneNote, download Office set up on their smartphones, and a lot more.
How to Create a Microsoft Account?
Did you just purchase the subscription for Microsoft Office 365, and need to download its setup? Well, for that you will have to sign in to your Microsoft my account. Do not have one? No problem, create one now. Follow the step-wise process given below and create your own Microsoft account:
- Go to the following link: www.office.com/setup.
- Below Sign In, you will find a blue colored link called Create one!. Click on the link.
- You will now be redirected to Microsoft Create Account window.
- Enter your email address. You can use your phone number as well.
- You may also get a new Outlook or Hotmail email address.
- Click on the Next button.
- Now, just create a password.
- The password should have a minimum of 8 characters and include at least two of these: uppercase alphabets, lowercase alphabets, numbers, and symbols.
- Now, you will be prompted by your web browser whether you want to save the password.
- Click on Next.
- Enter your first name and last name.
- Click the Next button.
- In the Verify email screen, you need to type in the code which was sent by Microsoft on your email address or phone number. If you cannot find it, then check the spam folder or click on try again.
- Check the box next to send me promotional emails from Microsoft if you want.
- Click on next in order to accept the Microsoft Services Agreement and privacy and cookies statement.
- Now, you have created your account.
How to Personalize Microsoft Account Profile?
Now that you have created your personal Microsoft account, you may be tempted to add a personal touch to it. Microsoft account allows users to add personal info including a profile photo. Learn how to update your Microsoft account here:
- Log in to your Microsoft account.
- Go to your profile. Just click on the user icon present at the upper right corner.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Edit profile.
- You will now be directed to your profile webpage.
- If you want, you can add a photo.
- Click on the Change Picture option located on your profile picture section.
- Click on the image you want to set as your profile photo.
- Click on the OK button in the file explorer.
- To check the photo before updating, you can preview it.
- Press the Save button.
- When you access your profile, you will see that your profile picture has been changed.
- In the Edit Profile page, you can update your birthdates, phone number, office details, etc.
Microsoft my account is a perfect space for accessing services, and downloading Microsoft Office apps. If you forget your password, then you can easily reset it by going to office.com/myaccount. Microsoft account is very safe, and you can add two-factor authentication to secure it even further.