You may find it convenient to do something regularly on a laptop or a computer. But when you are trying to do it on an iPad and iPhone, then it may seem annoying. Thankfully the copy and paste option is here to help us.
It is helpful to know about the copy and paste function as sometimes you have to send an urgent email from your phone, or you have to do some quick web research from the browser.
In the absence of the edit menu, finding copy and paste functions on the iOS device isn’t much obvious to some.
How to Copy and Paste the Text On An iPhone Or iPad
- Let’s take an example, for instance- you are doing some research about coffee. If you have to copy any of the text, then hold the first word. Then you will see some magnified before it is highlighted in blue with two dark and vertical lines at each side. You will sense difficulty if the first word is website link. If it so then starts from the end of the paragraph. You have to highlight the word by tapping it and holding it. At this point, you will already see a pop up showing Copy function.
- Now you need to keep your finger on the blue dot at the end of the darker vertical line and slide it forward or backward till the highlighting is done correctly.
- When you are sure that you have everything that you need to copy then click Copy link. You will not see any movement at this place. No notification about copying. It is quietly an swiftly done in the background. Once the text is copied, you can open the text editor of your choice for pasting. Take help of the Notes app. Launch a new note and click once in the window. You will see the menu again. You will notice that the Copy has been replaced with Paste.
- Tap on Paste, and your text will now appear. It won’t be a plain text though. The formatting will be preserved.
What to do if you want to strip away the formatting?
If you want to copy and paste formatted text to plain text, iOS doesn’t come with that option natively. You need to take help of a third party app for that. There are two options- Plain Paste and Plain Text Paste. Try to go for Plain Text Paste.
Using Select All
- Some apps like as Google Chrome and Apple Notes do not support Select All option. But many do it including Google Docs.
- If you have Google Docs file opened and you want to copy entire content then click and hold the first word that you again want to copy.
- Now you will see Select All option next to Copy option.
- Click Select All.
- All the text will be highlighted.
- If you can’t see Copy function.
- Just tap highlighted text, and the menu will pop up again.
Copy and Paste Images
You can copy and paste the images from an app to another app. Although, all the apps will not correctly support it. If you try to paste a copied image to Notes App, then it will only paste the direct image URL and not the actual picture. Some apps like Google Docs do support it.
Note– As it is evident, copy and paste isn’t a complicated process, but it is tucked away like many other options. You have to be sure where to look for it.